EUROPEAN SOLIDARITY CORPS
We are an accredited supporting organization of the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) building on the European Voluntary Service (EVS) and have nearly 10 years of experience in organizing voluntary activities, recruitment of volunteers, their mentoring and training.
As a supporting organization, we primarily focus on sending Czech volunteers to European (see here) and non-European countries (see the CODET I and CODET II projects below) and in cooperation with partners from the Czech Republic on hosting foreign volunteers in our country.
In 2018, we launched official cooperation within Erasmus+ framework with the non-profit organization AJP (Portugal), Dejavato (Indonesia), JRP (India), COM (Burma), VASE (Ecuador) and ICYE Bolivia and continued to work with Keric ( Slovakia) on the Community Development through English Teaching (CODET II) project, which includes European Voluntary Service in non-European countries.
Under the CODET II project, we sent 4 volunteers from the Czech Republic to partner organizations in Ecuador, Myanmar, Indonesia and Bolivia for 4-6 months in 2019 and 2020.
PARTNER ORGANIZATION IN ECUADOR
- VASE ECUADOR is an Ecuadorian non-profit organization that seeks social development in Ecuador through intercultural volunteer exchanges.
PARTNER ORGANIZATION IN MYANMAR
- COM Myanmar is a local registered non-governmental organization that seeks peace and a justice through democratic governance and community development programs.
PARTNER ORGANIZATION IN INDONESIA
- Dejavato Foundation through voluntary service promotes international understanding and solidarity, social and sustainable development and education. Dejavato organizes short, medium and long-term volunteer programs to work with international partners around the world.
PARTNER ORGANIZATION IN BOLIVIA
In 2017, we launched official cooperation within Erasmus+ framework with the non-profit organization Keric (Slovakia), VSI (Ireland), KYSD (Cambodia), ICYE Honduras, Investigación y Desarrollo Alternativo U Yich Lu’um (Mexico), MTÜ VitaTiim ( Estonia) and CSDS (Vietnam) in the Community Development through English Teaching (CODET) project, which includes European Voluntary Service in non-European countries.
Under the CODET project, we sent 3 volunteers from the Czech Republic to partner organizations in Mexico, Vietnam and Honduras for 3 months in 2018.
PARTNER ORGANIZATION IN VE VIETNAM
- CSDS Vietnam is a Vietnamese nonprofit organization founded in 2009. CSDS addresses rural development with a particular focus on climate change and environmental protection, women’s support and youth development through international exchange and non-formal education.
PARTNER ORGANIZATION IN HONDURAS
- ICYE Honduras was founded in 1984 and is run by former volunteers. The headquarters of the organization are located in Tegucigalpa, the capital of Honduras. Except for the main office, it has a network of local non-profit non-profit organizations, public institutions and host families that provide international volunteer facilities for long-term (6-12 months) and short-term (2-16 weeks) education and voluntary service programs.
PARTNER ORGANIZATION IN MEXICO
- In Mexican Centro Interdisciplinario de Investigación y Desarrollo Alternativo U Yich Lu’um people from Sanahcat meet in their free time. They participate in regular workshops and exhibitions on contemporary art and topics related to socio-environmental issues. The building is open seven days a week and provides space for special visitors (post-graduate students, temporary lecturers, volunteers and more).
TEACHING ENGLISH IN MEXICO
In the years 2011 – 2017, we focused primarily on raising awareness of the situation in Latin America and sending volunteers to rural areas of Mexico to teach English in a highly effective way. Volunteers taught English in partner communities across Mexico, and had the opportunity to get to know their culture from a completely different perspective than an ordinary tourist. Every volunteer was trained before departure and was provided free accommodation and food for the work done by the partner community. The aim of the collaboration was to help local people to make use of the knowledge of English at local labour market or to start off their own business activities connected with ecotourism.
PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS AND COMMUNITIES IN MEXICO
- Centro Interdisciplinario de Investigación y Desarrollo Alternativo U Yich Lu’um in Sanahcat
- Centro Cultural Germina in Calakmul
- Productores Forestales Calakmul in Calakmul
- Pronatura Península de Yucatán in Calakmul
- Fundación Haciendas del Mundo Maya in Temozón Sur and Santa Rosa
- Mujeres Productivas in Coatepec
- Community in San Javier
- Community in Bacalar
- Community in Jalcomulco
- Community in Papantla